How does work culture augments productivity? Breed a workplace culture to address Employee-Centric needs today.
The fusion of work and culture are often used synonymously with workplace culture or corporate culture. It is a broadly defined phrase to accentuate the environment of an organization or a company. How does work culture influence the productivity of an employee? Fortunately, after a little research, we have found out some quick flashes that shed some light on employee-centric needs at the workforce place.
- Is it Individuality or is it benefits?
In this modern era, individuality can become a game changer, especially when utilized in thinking out of the box, creating innovative solutions, etc. With the passage of time, a new paradigm of Individuality at a workplace can become a semblance of normalcy. The onus can be endless and nimble mainly when the individuality drives to thrive productivity _ balancing both the performance and work culture.
However, the potential twists and turns in your job can mend your individuality in a certain way to attain that anticipated productivity at your workplace. More is less. This line seems to be the best fit in the workplace arena.
However, to be self-reliant worker clutch that individuality to aid you in self-motivation and self-satisfaction. Shape your long-term goals to reach in short-term. And when the moment is ripe spark your inventive thinking traits that yields success.
Well, In the long run, productivity has got something to do with the work culture to achieve that passion and growth spurt in an organization. How? Follow these perfect traits to solve the puzzle.
- Job responsibility emerges to be a top reason that leverages work culture
Job responsibility and job satisfaction coincide with each other. Unless your individuality is intact you are certainly blissful with the job roles and liabilities. Apparently, brand value and work culture of the organization can be cited as the top picks that attribute the key factor “job satisfaction.”
Quick Fact: Nearly 80 percent of the employees consider job responsibility and work culture to be the top reasons that contribute job satisfaction. According to En World recruitment firm.
- Work culture not for “One” must for “Everyone”.
Every company has their own unique work culture. Gauge the one that suits your employee base. Supportive workforce culture can fetch great outcomes that outlive for a longer period and provide a promising career.
- If you are a new hire, don’t presume any negative stereotypes about the work culture at prima facie this can persuade and thwart your interest towards the job.
- A hierarchical-work culture at times can falter the values of individuality since everyone wants to be treated as one. From the bird’s eye view, cultural understandings bridge the gaps between cultural differences and individual thinking, to give a succinct shape for your collective thought process and frameworks.
If you are an employer, then this is for you
Are your employees happy at your workplace? Well, How do you know? Simply walk through these steps below to know the intrinsic views of the employers and employees that help in streamlining the engagement process as per the need of the hour.
- Find the magic brick to balance cultural leadership
Do you know nearly half the employees leave their jobs because of a bad manager? Researchers proved that nearly 91 percent employees are happy just because the manager understands them. Zero out the hero from the team who never stops amazing you in giving that outstanding figures. Always remember, recognition is the key to hold and retain the best employee.
- Understanding the needs of an employee definitely resonates in balancing cultural leadership. Try to retain employees and support their continuous growth.
- Put yourself in the employee shoes, know how they feel at work. Managers can make it or break it. They build the team and it’s their gig to ensure that the team is satisfied.
- Foster right skills to reach right talent
Create a job profile that matches the skill set of that individual. This creates better job opportunities for the candidates looking out for their requirements in the wild. Congratulations! Job well-done. This is the first step to attract a right prospect for your company goals.
What next? Don’t stick to one policy or rule.
- Touch base on the culture, values, and mission to build a strong framework among your employees. Keep them engaged and let them know every contribution is counted and measured.
- Produce a robust plan that covers end-to-end employee engagement strategies to validate all that intricate details.
- Collective feedback for a transparent, motivated, and benevolent workforce culture
First and foremost, don’t get rattled when providing feedback, connoisseurs have disclosed the fact that the more transparent you are the better you get the visibility to stand out from the crowd.
- Employers should go that extra mile to achieve consistent responses to employee ideas, creative solutions, initiatives. Etc.
- A manager must be frantically drilled to focus on the immediate betterment of the organization by providing a better culture for the employees in his team. It’s simple, what you give, you get back the same.
- Revamp if necessary
Even the seasoned managers can fail at times. Nurture the lead. Empower the importance of employee engagement and its following benefits.
- Arranging quick meetings and training should do the gig. A manager who fits well with the team will take the collaborative decisions, contributes more to the team to hold them longer in the organization.
- Organize an active session to focus on the minefield and fetch a holistic approach to tame the glitches.
Quick fact: Latest reports from LinkedIn Business Solutions state that through a strong employee engagement strategy you can increase retention by 25 percent. Well, Now you can crunch those numbers too!
- Finally, work culture and productivity go hand-in-hand
Start brainstorming the ideas that impact your work culture. Go on and collect the data that is useful in predicting the ideal ways to engage the employees and their willingness to contribute to the company success.
What are the paybacks?
- Effective execution, thorough planning based on the previous measures, plus existing information gives a healthier solution for your organization.
- Begin with a questionnaire poll and then condense it into a few steps. Prudent strategies can be put in place once you have harvested all that data.
- Finally, to outrank among your competitors churn the data to compare, improve, validate, and try implementing all this during the next roll out.
There is no rule of thumb. You don’t have to find a genie in a bottle to weed out your ordeals. Chalk out an effective plan for your organization. Out of all, care to know about your employees first, and make them feel happy. Don’t miss out any nuances that educate employee requisites. Above all, passion for work makes you perch on tight like a beaded string.